Should You Repair Your Roof or Sell As-Is?Mar 14, 2018
Did you know that installing a new roof in Indiana or Ohio could add over $12,000 in value to your home?! Knowing when to replace a roof is especially important if you plan to sell your home soon. Here are some factors that can help you decide if it’s worth the money.
What do the numbers say?
According to Remodeling magazine’s 2017 Cost vs. Value report which compares average cost for 29 popular remodeling projects with the value those projects retain at resale in 99 U.S. markets, installing a new roof in Indiana or Ohio adds $12,874 in value, recouping 61.7% of a $20,859 investment.
How much will a new roof cost me?
5 Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Roof Before Selling
- Improved resale valueAs mentioned above, a new roof increases home value by over $12,000, according to the latest cost vs. value survey.
- Curb Appeal A new roof can increase the perceived value of your home. Replacing your old roof will elevate curb appeal and attract potential buyers. Homes with up-to-date maintenance items (roofing, plumbing, electrical etc.) will stand out compared to a home that does not have these updates. Choose from a wide variety of texture and color options to give your home a unique finish.
- Buying ConfidenceWell-maintained homes have the potential to sell faster because they show better when people tour them in-person, and that’s one less concern for the buyer to take into account.Installations come with a 15-year full-service warranty at no expense and no hassle to the customer. This Guarantee is transferable one time when you sell your house.
- Close The Sale When a house goes on the market, the roof is one of the most visible features –not just to prospective homebuyers but also to building appraisers and inspectors. A roof in poor condition can stop a home sale dead in its tracks. Save yourself the hassle and replace the roof before this happens.
- Save on Energy CostsSometimes you have to spend money to save money. Believe it or not, some types of asphalt roof shingles have an ENERGY STAR® rating because they are designed to reflect solar heat, thereby reducing cooling costs.
How To Decide?
If your roof has a giant gaping hole in it, then choosing whether or not to replace it is an easy decision. However, not every roof situation is as straightforward. If you are on the fence about whether or not your roof needs to be fixed or replaced, you should start by getting an inspection from a local roof specialist. We can help. Get an estimate here!