Pros and Cons of Having a Wooden Front DoorFeb 16, 2018
Schedule a Free Estimate
Wooden front doors have loads of appeal and benefits, as well as a rich sense of character and beauty of their own. However, there are also some considerations to take into account and here are some important factors to be aware of before you select a wooden entry door.
- They have a “warm feel” to them
- There are numerous options of wood to choose from: everything from a modern and sleek bamboo or teak to a traditional oak or mahogany or even a more rustic cedar or knotty pine.
- Easy to customize with stains or paint
- They have a pleasant and aesthetic finish
- Superior durability and insulation to help with reduction of noise you hear from outside
- They can be repaired easily
- Can be custom made to fit any size opening or trimmed to a specific size doorway
- They are more susceptible to moisture, which can begin as early as installation if they are not sealed properly immediately.
- They require more maintenance due to the sealing process required every couple of years, as well as touch up stain or paint to avoid chipping.
- Generally start at a higher price point
- Can warp or twist over time due to moisture, causing them to peel and/or bubble out
- Can fade over time
- While they may keep outside noise out well, they are not energy efficient
We carry a wide variety of entry doors and systems that are handcrafted right here in Indiana. Determining what door best fits your needs may seem like a daunting task, which is why we strive to simplify the process for you. Give us a call at (765) 741-8214 for a free estimate, or visit our website for more information.