Invest In Your Home With Replacement Windows
Window replacements are high on the list when it comes to home improvement projects. Homeowners replace their existing windows for various reasons; wanting a new look, better energy efficiency, and renovating the home to be sold are a few of the most popular.
Sometimes, the idea for a new home project comes from small inspirations such as seeing a close friend enjoying their new windows or the potential of saving hundreds of dollars each year.
While many home renovation projects can cost the homeowner an arm and a leg, window replacement installations are relatively affordable for most.
In this article, our window replacement professionals at Clemens Home Solutions are going to break down, in detail, how investing in your home with replacement windows can be one of the smartest decisions you can make.
Return On Investment – In A Big Way
In terms of home renovations, one of the biggest factors that should be taken into consideration during the planning phase is the potential for return on investment, or ROI for short.
This is basically a technical way of asking the question, “If I put in X amount of money, how much money will this project save me in the long run?
Lucky for you, unlike many other big renovation projects, window replacement has a phenomenal ROI in most cases!
Not only will new and improved windows increase the overall value of the home itself, but they can also save the homeowner hundreds of dollars each year on energy costs.
Each year, window manufacturers develop new technologies to further improve the energy efficiency rating of residential windows. In short, new windows are better at keeping indoor temperatures where they should be while reducing the amount of energy lost due to poor insulation, rot, or other damage common in older windows.
If you are eventually going to sell your home, investing in proper replacement windows is typically always a good idea. Replacing them while you are still living in the home will let you reap the benefits long before another family takes over the homestead.
Receive Compensation For Your Energy Saving Efforts
Not only will you save money on heating costs, but various organizations will also actually help pay for the window replacement process itself! These organizations’ main focus is conserving energy in as many homes as possible by offering monetary incentives to homeowners.
Energy companies have just as big of a need to reduce energy consumption as those who worry about the environmental implications of excess energy use. Less is more, period.
Checking your local energy companies rebate program before starting your big window project can help you make a more informed decision on the best windows for your home.
Rebate programs typically refund homeowners a percentage of the sum of money spent on their new energy-efficient windows. Remember, though, that this is usually without considering installation fees.
These types of programs apply to all windows that have been replaced in the home with no minimum or maximum amount, along with new windows installed.
It’s A No Brainer!
Replacing your old, weathered windows with upgraded, energy-efficient windows is one of the best things you can do to your home. Let’s go over the highlights behind making the big decision on moving forward on replacement windows:
- Raise the value of your entire home
- Save you hundreds of dollars on heating/cooling costs
- Completely enhance the vibe of a certain room or living space
- Receive monetary assistance on replacement costs
How Do I Choose The Best Windows For My Home?
At the end of the day, windows play a big role in the overall presentation of the home from the inside out. Here at Clemens Home Solutions, we offer a wide range of window options to fit all style preferences and personal needs.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing the best replacement windows for your home in hopes of optimizing the investment is the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) rating.
The windows inspected by the NFRC are branded with a sticker identifying the key attributes of each window with percentages. These ratings show the potential buyer:
- U-Factor: The U-Factor is the rating system for the window’s insulation with lower numbers (0-1) reigning ideal. Clemens Replacement Windows have a U-Factor as low as 0.23%, substantially lower than ENERGY STAR requirements for the state of Indiana.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: (SHGC): This rating is determined by the amount of solar heat allowed to surpass the window into the home; Once again the LOWER number (0-1) equates to how effectively the window can block UV rays.
- Visible Transmittance: The Visible Transmittance rating is the amount of light that is allowed to pass through the window, as opposed to heat. Windows with a rating of at least 0.40 are desired by contractors and homeowners alike.
- Air Leakage: The fourth and final rating on each NFRC sticker is the Air Leakage rating. This rating is determined by the amount of air that passes through each square foot of glass. Clemens Home Solution proudly boasts one of the BEST Air Leakage ratings in the window business, a sensational 0.01!
Time To Finally Opt For Replacement Windows?
When the time has finally come to pull the trigger on investing in replacement windows for your home, we are here to help!
Windows are one of the best investments you can make in the home, and choosing Clemens Home Solutions to get the job done right is the next step!
Give us a call at (765) 358-7535 to get started spiffing up your home today.