The best gutter installations last for decades. Gutters serve an important function for your home—and in this regard remember that quality materials, design and expert installation are very important.
Water flows downhill and will seek any and all entry points in the building envelope. The first line of defense against unwanted gravity driven water is to design for water to drain away from the building. Properly working gutters and downspouts will help direct rainwater away from your home’s foundation (think damp or flooded basements and crawlspaces). Gutters also help direct moisture away from your home’s foundation, exterior trim, landscaping and erosion-prone areas.
We will provide you with a careful assessment based on the topography of your lot, the structure of your home and its roofline, and drainage needs.
We also use only top quality gutter materials, made with premium-grade aluminum alloy from proven manufacturers. Our 5″ gutters are custom measured and cut precisely by trained and experienced craftsmen from a standard .027 thickness to add value and long life to your installation. We use .032 thickness for all 6” installations to provide additional strength. Geocel 2320 Construction Tripolymer Gutter Sealant is used on all miters, outlet cups and end caps. Functional benefits aside, gutters can also lend architectural detail to your home. In addition to traditional white, a wide-ranging palette of colors allows you to accent your exterior in new and appealing ways.
What to Look for in a Gutter System:
- At least .027 gauge 5″ or .032 gauge 6″, premium-grade aluminum construction
- Professional installation using trade-specific tools and techniques
- Roof edge (drip-edge) protection by roofer or new prefinished flashing under shingles
- Strongest concealed hangers at recommended intervals (no more than 2’)
- Large diameter (at least #10) coarse thread screws with large washer head for secure installation
- Downspouts large enough to match the square foot area of your roof
- Well-designed plan that fits your home’s unique water drainage needs
- A professional and experienced installation team