What Happens To A Home When Gutters Are Clogged?Mar 07, 2022
What Happens To A Home When Gutters Are Clogged?
If you are a homeowner than you have probably wondered what happens when your gutters are clogged. Gutter cleaning is a tiresome, dirty task. Plus, it’s dangerous!
As tempting as it is to just forget about cleaning them all together, having clogged gutters can cause major problems to the interior and exterior of your home. These issues can be expensive, costing homeowners thousands of dollars in damage.
How To Tell If Your Gutters Are Clogged
- If your water spills over the sides of your gutter instead of draining, than its pretty clear your gutters are clogged.
- An overflow of water can cause your gutters to sag, and create water damage to your homes foundation.
- If your basement floods during a storm, its most likely a result of clogged gutters.
- Staining on the side of your home is an indication your gutter is clogged and not draining properly.
- Gutters collect more than just water, including seeds, soil, leaves, and sticks. If you see a garden growing out of your gutter, than it need to be cleaned.
- If you are noticing birds or pests around your gutters, this can be a big sign your gutters are clogged. Gunked-up gutters make nice homes for pests, rodents, birds, mold and other unwanted infestations.
How Often Should You Clean Your Gutter?
Not cleaning your clogged gutters regularly can cause a leaky roof and water damage to the interior and exterior of your home. If you live in the Arizona desert, you may be able to go several years, but for those who live where autumn leaves fall, it’s important to clean gutters at least twice a year, says Angies List.
Avoid gutter cleaning with a gutter guard.
LeafX® is a premium gutter protection system that is constructed of 100% aluminum, requires no drilling into the roof or fascia of your home. Only offered by authorized installation experts, LeafX® installs right on top of your existing gutters, and prevents everything but water from entering and clogging your gutters.
Only with Leafx® do you get a lifetime NO-CLOG GUARANTEE for your gutters, as well as a lifetime finish warranty.
Don’t worry about what can happen to your home when gutters are clogged, learn more about our product or request a free estimate and gutter inspection!