Do I Need to do Anything to Prepare for a Roof Installation?
When planning for a new roof installation, homeowners often ask what they need to do to properly prepare. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Remove or cover items in your attic. If you store valuables in your attic, then it is probably a smart idea to relocate them, as the pounding and heavy footsteps atop your roof may cause dust to fall from the rafters and into your attic, dirtying your stored belongings.
- Consider valuable or fragile items hanging in your home. Painting and chandeliers are not immune to the pounding vibrations from your roof installation. To prevent anything from falling and crashing on the floor, consider removing anything that is not permanently secured in place.
- Move your car from the driveway. During a roof installation, debris can fall down, creating a mess. If you keep your car parked in the driveway, relocate it to the street in order to eliminate any risk of damage, and to allow for plenty of room for your roofing contractor to spread out their materials.
- Remove outdoor paraphernalia. Much like your car, if you have deck furniture, potted, plants, bicycles, or anything else out in the open, try to move these items out and to the side so they are not subjected to falling roof debris.
- Make plans for your children and pets. The constant and loud pounding of a roof installation can be difficult to sit through, especially for young children and pets. Try to make arrangements for someone to watch your dog or cat, and arrange a play-date for your child so they don’t have to contend with being in a work zone and deal with the difficult noise.
What’s more, going with a roofing company that is understanding and acknowledges the logistics of a roof installation is key. At Clemens Home Solutions, we maintain transparent and responsive communication throughout the entire roof replacement, so if you have any further questions about how to prepare for your roof installation, we are happy to help. Contact us today!